Information Compiled from Various Sources:
FOOD, CHILDCARE, HOUSING, & FINANCIAL RESOURCES:
- The Hope Center College Student COVID-19 Survival Guide https://hope4college.com/wp-content/ uploads/2020/03/BTFP_COVID19_GuideForStudents_v1.pdf is a must with great tips and resources!
- uAspire: https://www.uaspire.org/COVID-19/Support -Resources maintains timely information to navigate the most common financial aid COVID-related questions, and Swift Student: https://formswift.com/swift-student is offering free assistance to students for Financial Aid appeals!
- IRS information: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here on how to receive your COVID stimulus check, even if you haven’t filed taxes
- Serve Denton: https://www.servedenton.org/coronavirus, City of Denton: https:// www.cityofdentoncoronavirusresources.com/ and Denton County: https://covid19.dentoncounty.gov/ resources/ maintain lists of resources related to employment, benefits, food, childcare, and financial assistance.
- United Way of Denton County: https://www.unitedwaydenton.org/covid-19 -resources has an extensive COVID Resource list as well as online form to connect you to one of their Information and Referral experts: https://www.unitedwaydenton.org/Info.
- Legal Aid of Northwest Texas: https://internet.lanwt.org/COVID-19 has free videos with legal experts explaining your rights related to employment, housing, and health benefits during the COVID crisis.
- This Texas Tribune article: https://www.texastribune.org/2020/03/23/how-texans-can-get-help-during- coronavirus-pandemic/amp/? has updated statewide resources as well as volunteer opportunities.
- Texas 2-1-1:https://www.211texas.org/ and Find Help: https://findhelp.org/ connect you with needed resources all over the state-search by zip code.
- Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs: http://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/texans.htm to locate short or long-term housing assistance.
- Texas Network of Youth and Family Services: http://tnoys.org/provider-directory-2/ also has a searchable database.
- Zoie’s Place: https://zoiesplace.org/programs/ provides housing and support services for young adults aging out of foster care.
- AID Network of Denton: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GkoHA5qJMXDsM5aafQAZ1W01YchUOQDk/view has links to local agencies providing emergency rental assistance.
- Texas Workforce Commission: https://www.twc.texas.gov/news/unemployment-news? fbclid=IwAR3Hh8ya_xXvK5Jfi0Oi1i_4a3bpHQ1ggydpG2AWZX4cfWIKyFx2txHaQcE#ifYourEmploymentHasBe enAffectedByTheCoronavirusCovid1 offers benefits to those whose income has been impacted, and the
- North Texas Food Bank: https://ntfb.org/our-programs/get-food-assistance/find-a-food-pantry/, Tarrant County Food Bank: https://tafb.org/find-food/, and Wichita Falls Food Bank: https://www.wfafb.org/get-help serve multiple counties and each site has a food pantry locater by zip code.
- TWU’s CARE Program: https://twu.edu/care/eating/north-texas-food-resources/ has links to several North Texas Food Resources.
- Denton Wesley Foundation: https://www.facebook.com/DentonWesleyFoundation/ has a link for students to sign up for free food pantry delivery.
- Christian Community Action Food Pantry: https://ccahelps.org/food-services/200 Mill St. Lewisville, TX 75057 or (972) 221-1224
- Salvation Army Food Services and Emergency Assistance:https://www.salvationarmydfw.org/p/services/ families_in_crisis Multiple locations
- Grace Like Rain and local churches partnering to provide childcare : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/ e/1FAIpQLSelYTNwnDAqxUt5BbwooDQQIVdHo5ubHGaKhgjrCmBmF3nerQ/viewform for working parents with children.
- Woman 2 Woman Pregnancy Resource Center: https://friendsofdentonprc.org/ will be open Monday- Thursday for limited hours to distribute diapers and formula. Call (940)383-4494 in advance to request needed items for pickup.